History / Who We are?
After 30 years of experience working with date palm tissue culture & operating with both the government institutions (National Institute of Agronomic Research / INRA / Morocco, United Arab Emirates University / UAEU) and the international organizations (Food & Agriculture Organization / FAO, United Nations Development Program / UNDP, United Nations Office for project Services / UNOPS), Prof. Abdelouahhab Zaid has decided to establish Marrakech Date Palm Project in 2010 in the objective of:
- contributing to the achievement of the Green Morocco Plan (GMP) objectives aiming at insuring a sustainable development of the date palm sector in Morocco. MDPP is internationally recognized as one of the major commercial date palm mass propagation facilities;
- providing its clients at local and international levels with true-to-type date palm issue from to tissue culture of selected date palm varieties;
- providing support to date producing countries ad private companies in the field of developing and implementing strategies for the sustainable development of date palm cultivation;
- providing technical support to its partners in terms of capacity building and implementation of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) applied to date palm;
- facilitating the exchange of knowledge and expertise among date producing countries through the organization of international events related to date palm (Festivals, B2B meetings, workshops, study tours…).
MDPP is internationally recognized as one of the major commercial date palm mass propagation facilities as well as an important source of expertise in the field of date palm development cultivation and strategy development.